For questions or to provide feedback on this newsletter, please contact Peter Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
EPA Region 10's Chemical and Emergency Prevention and Planning is a quarterly EPA newsletter about risk management issues for facilities in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington
- CEPP: October 2013 (PDF) (5 pp, 540K) - Topics: Sorrento, Ammonia Refrigeration Plant, Pressure Relief Systems, Relief Valve Chatter, References, and RETA 2013.
- CEPP: May-June 2013 (PDF) (10 pp, 1.3MB) - - Topics: Emergency Response Program, 24 Hour Emergency Contact and Emergency Response, Emergency, Emergency Preparation Titanic, Hot Work Permits, Hot Work Permits, NFPA 704, Did You Know?
- CEPP: March-April 2013 (PDF) (10 pp, 1.4MB) - Topics: Process hazardous analysis, PHA techniques, PHA: Identifying utility failures and stateup hazards, OSHA guide to hazard assessment, EPCRA tier 2 reporting update, RMP Training - Pocatello ID
- CEPP: January-February 2013 (PDF) (3 pp, 732K) - Topics: Managing "Temporary" Changes, Emergency Communications, Fines, and 2013 RMP Training
- CEPP: November-December 2012 (PDF) (5 pp, 985K) - Topics: Safety Culture and Management, Connection between Safety and Productivity, 10 Questions for Managers, Update: EPCRA Tier 2 Reports, Fines
- CEPP: September-October 2012 (PDF) (4 pp, 754K) - Topics: Developing Safety Committees and Effective Safety Programs for Small Facilities
- CEPP: July-August (PDF) (4 pp, 1.1MB) - Topics: Lockout/Tagout, Startup Hazards, RMP Training in 2012
- CEPP: May-June 2012 (PDF) (7 pp, 1.2MB) - Topics: Equipment Hazards, Emergency Response, CAMEO updates,OSHA's new Hazard Communication Standard, RMP Training in 2012
- CEPP: March-April 2012 (PDF) (5 pp, 455K) - - Topics: Ammonia Safety,Explosion Hazards, Pressure Relief Valves, Program Alert: OR NH3 FerilizerRetailers, EPCRA Tier 2 Reports, RMP Training in 2012, Wanatchee facility fined for RMP Violation
- CEPP: January-February 2012 (PDF) (4 pp, 1.1MB) - Topics: Best Practices- Safety Training, TRI Reporting for H2S, RMP Training in 2012
- CEPP: November-December 2011 (PDF) (5 pp, 714K) - Topics: Managing Change, Abandoned Equipment, RMP/PSM Standards, RMP eSubmit Webinar, RMP Training in 2012
- CEPP: September-October 2011 (PDF) (6 pp, 938K) - Topics: Best Practices- Operating Procedures, Sample SOP, RMP Training for 2011
- CEPP: July-August 2011 (PDF) (5 pp, 630K) - Topics: incident Response Training Best Practices, NH3 Refridgeration Process Chemistry, New Regulations for Container Loading, Refinery Safety Issues, Seattle RMP Training
- CEPP: May-June 2011 (PDF) (5 pp, 979K) - Topics: MARPLOT Update-2010 Population Data, Best Practices-Mechanical Integrity, Fines: Ammonia release, RMP E-Submit Webinar, RMP Training for 2011
- CEPP: March-April 2011 (PDF) (4 pp, 901K) - - Topics: Best Practices – Energy Conservation, OSHA to Update MSDA, HAZMAT Resources, RMP Training for 2011
- CEPP: January-February 2011 (PDF) (4 pp, 774K) - Topics: Document management, Sample document control policy, Where is your PSI?, RMP training for 2011
- CEPP: November-December 2010 (PDF) (5 pp, 815K) - Topics: Accident Prevention; EPCRA; RMP Leasing Issues; RMP Railcar Inventory; Best Practices
- CEPP: September-October 2010 (PDF) (4 pp, 536K) - Topics: Piping System Hazards; RETA National Meeting; RMP Guidance
- CEPP: July-August 2010 (PDF) (4 pp, 544K) - Topics: What is Process Safety; Measuring Process Safety Performance; List of Lists Update; RMP*eSubmit Webinar; RMP Training - Alaska
- CEPP: May-June 2010 (PDF) (4 pp, 778K) - Topics: Hot Work Permits & Hazards; Review of Richland RMP Training; Notice of eSubmit Webinars; Upcoming Training in Alaska
- CEPP: March-April 2010 (PDF) (4 pp, 647K) - Topics: Managing Chemical Reactivity Hazards; Fines; 5-year eSubmit Webinar; Harry Bell Retires
- CEPP: January-February 2010 (PDF) (4 pp, 1.3MB) - Topics: The Bhopal Tragedy; RMP Update Requirements; Cameo/Tier2/Marplot Updates; SPCC Rule Amendments; RMP Training