SIP - ALASKA - 18 AAC 50.560
18 AAC 50.560. GENERAL MINOR PERMITS
(a) Criteria. The department may issue a general minor permit to allow construction or operation of stationary sources or emission units that
(1) require a minor permit;
(b) General minor permit issuance procedures. To issue a general minor permit, the department will provide notice and opportunity for public comment on the department’s proposed permit by
(2) involve the same or similar types of operation;
(3) involve the same type of emissions; and
(4) are subject to similar air quality control requirements.
(c) Application or notification forms. The department will issue an application or notification form with each general minor permit. This may include an online or electronic form. The forms will identify the information that an applicant must provide to operate under the general minor permit, including
(1) posting a public notice on the Alaska Online Public Notice System established under AS 44.62.175;
(2) sending a copy of the notice by mail or electronic mail to persons on a list maintained by the department, including any person who has requested to be notified; if a person requests to be sent notice by postal mail instead of electronic mail, the department will send the notice by postal mail;
(3) distributing the notice using other means the department finds necessary for informing the public;
(4) allowing the public at least 30 days to submit comments; and
(5) making available for public inspection in the affected area
(A) a description of the stationary sources that would qualify under the general minor permit;
(B) the results of any department analysis on the effect on air quality;
(C) the reasons for the department’s proposed action;
(D) a copy of the proposed permit and of the proposed application or notification form;
(E) a description of how interested persons may comment on the proposed general minor permit, including the period during which the department will accept public comments; and
(F) the time and place of any public hearing; the department will schedule any public hearing no sooner than 30 days after the date the first notice was published.
(d) Applying to construct or operate under a general minor permit. To construct or operate under a general minor permit, the owner or operator must submit the appropriate completed application or notification form for the specific stationary source type. In a general minor permit, the department will specify whether the applicant must submit a complete notification form and operate in compliance with the general minor permit, or whether the applicant must also obtain department approval under (e) of this section to operate under the general minor permit. If the general minor permit requires that the applicant get approval, the department will notify the owner or operator within 30 days after receipt of the application that
(1) information identifying the stationary source and location of the stationary source, and contact information; as necessary to show that the stationary source meets the qualifying criteria or a term or condition of the general minor permit, the department will require that location information required under this subsection or under (d) – (g) of this section include a map and scale drawing;
(2) any information that is necessary to determine that the stationary source qualifies for the general minor permit;
(3) identification of all equipment to be operated under the general minor permit; and
(4) a certification by the applicant that the stationary source is capable of complying with all permit requirements.
(e) Approval to construct or operate under a general minor permit. Approval to construct or operate under the general minor permit is granted when the department finds the application complete. If the general minor permit does not require department approval, and if the stationary source meets all of the qualifying criteria and operates in compliance with the general minor permit, the owner or operator may construct or operate under the permit immediately after the department receives a completed notification form. The general minor permit authorizes construction or operation only for
(1) the application is complete;
(2) additional information is necessary to make the application complete; or
(3) the stationary source does not qualify for the general permit.
(f) General minor permit content. In a general permit the department will set out
(1) equipment identified in the application or notification; and
(2) a location identified under (c), (f), or (g) of this section.
(g) Relocation. A portable stationary source is authorized to operate under a general minor permit at additional locations not identified in the permit application or notification if the
(1) criteria that must be met in order for a stationary source to qualify under the general minor permit;
(2) a requirement to notify the department of the physical location of the stationary source before commencing construction or operation under the general minor permit, if the location is not provided in the application or notification;
(3) requirements in accordance with 18 AAC 50.544;
(4) for portable stationary sources, a notification form and procedures for a change in location; and
(5) any other terms and conditions that are necessary to assure that the stationary source continues to meet the qualifying criteria of the general minor permit.
State effective: 10/1/04; EPA effective: 9/13/07
(1) permittee notifies the department by submitting a completed change of location form following the procedures specified in the permit; and
(2) stationary source will continue to meet all of the permit’s qualifying criteria at each location.