Register and Download the Community-Based Water Resilience (CBWR) Tool
The Community-Based Water Resiliency (CBWR) electronic tool increases the awareness of water sector interdependencies and highlights multiple benefits of implementing preparedness practices and gaining support from stakeholders. The tool also provides over 400 resources for water resiliency and protection that can be implemented at the local level by community stakeholder groups. The tool contains a self-assessment feature and targeted resources for the following user groups: Water Sector, Healthcare and Public Health Sector, Emergency Services Sector, State and Tribal Primacy Agencies, Local Officials, Community Partners, and other Non-Water Entities.
- IBM PC, 2.33GHz Intel® Pentium® 4, AMD Athlon® 64 2800+, or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 600MB of available Hard Disk Space
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3; or Windows 7
- 800 x 600 pixels minimum screen resolution
- Adobe Reader 8.0 or later
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer (v7 or higher), Mozilla Firefox® v3.6, Safari 4, Google TM Chrome v4.1, or Opera v10.5
Note: It is highly recommended that users go to the Microsoft website and download the most current updates for their operating system.
- Installation Instructions:
Extracting the CBWR Tool from the ZIP file
- 1. Locate the cbwr_cd.zip file on your local hard drive.
2. Right click the cbwr_cd.zip file, select [WinZip], and choose either [Extract to…] or [Extract to here].
- a. If you wish to select the location to which the CBWR Tool package will be extracted, use [Extract to…] and proceed to Step 3.
b. If you wish to select the current location as the location to which the CBWR Tool package will be extracted, use [Extract to here] and proceed to Running the CBWR Tool.
Running the CBWR Tool
- 1. Once the extraction operation is complete, navigate to the location to which you extracted the files.
2. Double click the “CBWRTool.exe” file, and wait for the installation procedures to begin.