News Releases By Date
FrontRange Earth Force's Youth Advisory Board receives the President's Environmental Youth Award
Release Date: 7/15/2003
- Denver -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will recognize FrontRange Earth Force's Youth Advisory Board in the Denver metro area with the 2002 President=s Environmental Youth Award for outstanding achievement in leadership to protect the environment.
EPA Region 8's Environmental Education Coordinator Cece Forget will present at 12:30 p.m. July 16 the PEYA to sponsors Lisa Bardwell and Sally Carey and eight YAB students. The ceremony will take place at the Youth as School and Community Organizers, Service Learning Institute, Regis University.
Some of their outstanding activities during the last three years include:
1) Earth Force Annual Youth Summit
2) Environmental Justice Experience
3) Earth Force projects with local school groups
4) Participation in training and outreach to area youth and communities
The PEYA program encourages youths to learn about their environment and create strategies for improving their community=s public and environmental health. Projects compete regionally and nationally and are judged by the EPA Environmental Education program on a variety of criteria.
Forget commends the FrontRange Earth Force YAB "for outstanding achievement in leadership to protect the environment. Through the many YAB projects and commitment, these students are seting an example for all of us in making and keeping EPA Region 8 and the world around us a safer, cleaner place to live!"
For more information about the PEYA program, contact Jan Osborne at 303-312-6613 or by email: email@example.com.
For information about the FrontRange Earth Force YAB, contact Lisa Bardwell or Sally Carey at 303-433-0016 or by email: earthforce.org/frontrange.