Contact Us


2005 News Releases


News Brief: EPA continues to collect household hazardous chemicals from residential waste

Release Date: 12/14/2005
Contact Information: For more information contact the Office of External Affairs at (214) 665-2200.

Empty containers do not need to be separated from regular trash

     The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency continues to work in the impacted Parishes to collect household chemical waste and electronic debris like computers and televisions.  Residents should continue to separate their flood damaged or unused household chemicals such as cleaners, pesticides, aerosol cans, workshop and paint supplies, and flammable products such as oil, gas and propane.  Improper disposal increases the risk of contaminating air, water or soil.

     Empty household hazardous waste containers such as cans, buckets, cartons, plastic bottles and jugs do not need to be separated at the curb and should be thrown away or recycled with normal household trash.