Oregon’s Environmental Justice Task Force awarded National Achievement in Environmental Justice Award
Release Date: 12/15/2010
Contact Information: Sheryl Stohs, EPA Environmental Justice Program, (206) 553-0250, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tony Brown, EPA Public Affairs, (206) 553-1203, email@example.com
(Seattle – Dec 15, 2010) Today, EPA recognized five partnerships for their contributions to advancing environmental justice in communities. In Oregon, EPA is pleased to recognize the Oregon Environmental Justice Task Force for effective implementation of the State’s environmental justice legislation and its ability to incorporate environmental justice considerations into State agencies’ programs.
The Task Force’s role is to advise the Governor about environmental justice issues, and to help the Governor’s office and state natural resource agencies identify and address environmental justice throughout the State.
- The Commission on Asian Affairs
- The Commission on Black Affairs
- The Commission on Hispanic Affairs
- The Commission on Indian Services
- Multnomah County Health Department
- Oregon Environmental Council
- Oregonians for Food and Shelter
- Oregon Law Center Farmworker Program
- Organizing People-Activating Leaders
- Willamette University
The goal of the agency’s National Achievements in Environmental Justice Awards is to encourage communities to form partnerships, work together to solve problems, identify and take actions that directly benefit the community residents.
The other 2010 awardees are:
- EcoCenter at Heron’s Head Park Partnership, San Francisco, Calif.
- ENLACE Caño Martín Peña, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Lead Poisoning Prevention Citizen’s Advisory Task Force, San Diego, Calif.
- Transportation Equity/Stops for Us Coalition, St. Paul, Minn.
More information on the National Achievements in Environmental Justice Awards: http://www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice/awards/index.html
EPA HQ’s national news release: http://go.usa.gov/1F8
Subscribe to automatically receive Region 10 News Releases via email at: