News Releases By Date
EPA information session schedule expanded, offering more opportunities to get ready prior to release of proposed Portland Harbor Cleanup Plan
Release Date: 02/01/2016
Contact Information: Mark MacIntyre, EPA Public Affairs, 206-553-7302, firstname.lastname@example.org
First downtown “lunchtime” community information session scheduled for 12:00 noon, Thursday, February 4, in Portland City Building
(Portland, OR – Feb 1, 2016) EPA’s ambitious schedule of presentations, information sessions and webinars has expanded to include more venues across the city. Portlanders - and everyone interested in the health and welfare of the Lower Willamette River – now have even more opportunities to learn about:
- What lies on the bottom of this urban, working water way.
- The health and ecological risks and why EPA is taking action.
- How Superfund cleanups are designed, engineered and paid for.
- How to “gear up” to comment on the Proposed Cleanup Plan this spring.
Here is the latest list of information sessions, times & locations. Come early and talk with EPA and Oregon Department of Environmental Quality representatives during the open house period which begins 30 minutes before each session:
- Thursday, Feb 4th - 12 noon, EPA Information Session, Portland City Building, 2nd Floor Auditorium, 1120 SW 5th Ave, Portland, OR
- Monday, Feb 8th -7pm, EPA Information Session, Audubon Society, 5151 NW Cornell Rd, Portland, OR
- Tuesday, Feb 9th - 7pm, League of Women Voters, Multnomah County Building Board Room, 501 SE Hawthorne Boulevard, Portland, OR
- Thursday, Feb 11th -7pm, EPA Information Session, Matt Dishman Community Center, 77 NE Knott St, Portland, OR
- Thursday, Feb 18th - 6:30pm, EPA Information Session, Woodrow Wilson High School Cafeteria, 1151 SW Vermont St, Portland, OR
- Tuesday, Feb 23rd – 7pm, Community Advisory Group Forum, Linnton Community Center, 10614 NW St Helens Rd, Portland, OR
- Thursday, March 3rd – Live Webinar EPA Information Session, Time, Details TBD
- Thursday, March 17th – 7pm, EPA Information Session, SE Multicultural Center, 4610 SE Belmont St, Portland, OR
- Saturday, March 19th – 1pm, EPA Information Session, Matt Dishman Center, 77 NE Knott St, Portland, OR