Project Title & Description
InterTech Science Park Brownfields
For the continued cleanup of the Modern Iron Works facility in Shreveport, Louisiana. The assessment activities which were necessary precedents to the clean up of the Modern Iron Works property were funded by another EPA grant awarded simultaneously with the clean up grant. The assessment grant was awarded to The Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments (NLCOG). The assessment process was delayed for several reasons ultimately resulting in EPA�s granting additional funds and an extension of time to complete the assessment. This delay was due to:
1. An increase in assessment costs requiring that additional funding be obtained due to:
· Increased environmental laboratory analysis fees following Hurricane Katrina.
· A decision to enroll the site in the LDEQ Voluntary Remediation Program at LDEQ�s recommendation, which required additional site evaluation.
2. An application to LDEQ to request a waiver of their fee.
3. Additional site assessment work identified as a result of the initial Phase II