Project Title & Description
Metropolitan Tenants Organization
The Metropolitan Tenants Organization (MTO), in partnership with the Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (ICAAP) and the Chicago Department of Public Health, will
(1) build partnerships between physicians and housing advocates to address lead poisoning prevention;
(2) raise the awareness of physicians in high risk areas of Chicago about the role they can play to help tenants resolve lead hazards in their home;
(3) identify buildings with lead hazards;
(4) facilitate intervention strategies to help families resolve lead hazards; and
(5) educate parents about lead poisoning and what they can do to prevent it. The project goals and objectives are clear, appropriate and measurable, and support the Region 5 criteria.