You are here:
Environmental Monitoring and Enforcement: Theory and Practice, Workshop
Participants in Workshop, affiliation, and title of paper (if included in volume) included:
- Session I: Agency and Judicial Perspectives on Environmental Enforcement Policies:
2. Cost-Benefit and Cost Effectiveness Analysis
2. Cost-Benefit and Cost Effectiveness Analysis - Enforcement and MonitoringEnvironmental Media:
f. MultimediaAuthors: Anderson, Lee G.
Gauvin, John R.
Johnson, Gary V.
Magat, Wesley A.
Malik, Arun S.
Russell, Clifford S.
Sutinen, Jon G.
Ulen, Thomas S.
Viscusi, W. Kip
Wasserman, CherylEPA Project Officer/ Manager:Geographic Area:
United StatesStudy Purpose: Empirical Application, Policy EvaluationReport Series: Association of Environmental and Resource Economists' Workshop
List of all reports in the Series:
- Participating Organizations
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (AERE) Address:
City: State: ZIP:
Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Policy, Planning and Evaluation Address:
City: State: ZIP:
- Report Details
FinalDate: 07/14/1987Number of Pages: 350EPA #:
- How to Obtain Report
Download report now
Use link(s) to download or view the report
- Front Matter, Session I, and first portion of Session II (PDF, 651.4K, About PDF)
- Continuation of Session II (PDF, 711.5K, About PDF)
- Remainder of Session II (PDF, 673.5K, About PDF)
- Session III beginning (PDF, 660.8K, About PDF)
- Continuation of Session III (PDF, 703.2K, About PDF)
- Continuation of Session III (PDF, 702K, About PDF)
- Continuation of Session III (PDF, 641.3K, About PDF)
- Continuation of Session III (PDF, 687.7K, About PDF)
- End of Session III (PDF, 712K, About PDF)
Date Linked: 05/28/2009
Other Ways to Obtain the Report:
You may be able to obtain this report by contacting the National Technical Information Service (NTIS):
By phone: 1-800-553-6847 or 703-605-6000;
By mail: NTIS, Department of Commerce, 5285 Port Royal Rd., Springfield, VA 22161;
By World Wide Web: [http://www.ntis.gov].
You will need the following NTIS report #: PB88108675
- Cheryl Wasserman, US EPA, "Environmental Compliance and Enforcement: Theory, Practice, and the Challenge to Environmental Economists";
Nancy Firestone, US Department of Justice;
Lee G. Anderson, University of Delaware, "Enforcement Issues in Selecting Policy Instruments."
- Clifford S. Russell, Vanderbilt University, "Game Theory Lessons for Structuring Monitoring and Enforcement Systems";
Gary V. Johnson and Thomas S. Ulen, University of Illinois, "Behavior of the Firm when Facing Uncertain Enforcement of Ex Ante Environmental Regulation and tort Liability Standards";
Arun S. Malik, University of Maryland, "Markets for Pollution Control when Firms Are Noncompiant."
- Jon G. Sutinen and John R. Gauvin, University of Rhose Island, "Enforcement and Compliance in the Massachusetts Lobster Fishery";
Wayne Gray, Clark University, and Carol A. Jones, University of Michigan, "Longitudinal Analysis of the Impact of OSHA Health and Safety Regulations in Manufacturing";
Robert Rosenman, Washington State University, "Hitting the 'T': The Regulatory Losss of Soil Management Policy";
Wesley A. Magat, Duke University, and W. Kip Viscusi, Northwestern University, "The Effectiveness of EPA's Regulatory Enforcement: the Case of Industrial Effluent Standards."