You are here:
The U.S. Experience with Marketable Permits for Pollution Control
A briefing on the United States experience with using marketable permits for environmental pollution control. Includes four major sections:
- Economic incentives in general and marketable permits in particular.
- The evolution of marketable permits, at the Federal level in the US for air pollution control.
- Marketable permits in Federal water pollution.
- Observations and conclusions.
4. Economic Incentives and Other Innovative Approaches
4. Economic Incentives and Other Innovative Approaches - Trading and Marketable PermitsEnvironmental Media:
McGartland, AlEPA Project Officer/ Manager:Geographic Area:
United StatesStudy Purpose: Data Development, Policy Evaluation
- Participating Organizations
Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Policy, Economics, and Innovation, National Center for Environmental Economics Address: US EPA
City: Washington State: DC ZIP: 20460
- Report Details
FinalDate: 07/17/2002Number of Pages: 50
- How to Obtain Report