You are here:
A Projection of the Effectiveness and Costs of a National Tax on Sulfur Emissions
This study of a tax on sulfur emissions, applied on a national basis, uses a comparative statistics approach to project emissions in the absence of air pollution regulations (except the New Source Performance Standards) and emissions and costs under several alternative tax rates for 1978. This study is confined to five major sources of sulfur emissions which account for over 90 percent of all estimated sulfur emissions. These sources range from steam-electric plants which contribute over 50 percent of total sulfur emissions, to sulfuric acid plants which account for less than 2 percent of the total sulfur emission.
The report can be downloaded in seven files, as described below:
2. Cost-Benefit and Cost Effectiveness Analysis
3. Cost and Economic Impacts Analysis
4. Economic Incentives and Other Innovative Approaches
2. Cost-Benefit and Cost Effectiveness Analysis - Specific Sectors and Pollutants
2. Cost-Benefit and Cost Effectiveness Analysis - Incentives and Related Approaches
3. Costs and Economic Impact Analysis - Specific Sectors and Pollutants
4. Economic Incentives and Other Innovative Approaches - Pollution Fees/Charges/TaxesEnvironmental Media:
a. Air - Stationary Source
a. Air - TroposphericAuthors:
Bingham, Tayler H.
Cooley, Philip C.
Fogel, Mark E.
Johnson, Donald R.
Lesourd, David A.
Miedema, Allen K.
Paddock, Richard E.
Simons, Jr., Mayrant
Wisler, Macmillan M.EPA Project Officer/ Manager:Geographic Area:Study Purpose:
- Participating Organizations
Research Triangle Institute Address:
City: Research Triangle Park State: NC ZIP: 27709
Environmental Protection Agency,
Office of Research and Development,
Implementation Research Division
City: Washington State: DC ZIP: 20460
- Report Details
FinalDate: 11/01/1973Number of Pages: 207EPA #:
- How to Obtain Report
Download report now
Use link(s) to download or view the report
- Front Matter through Chapter 3 (PDF, 354.8K, About PDF)
- Chapter 4 (PDF, 666.5K, About PDF)
- Chapters 4 and 5 and Bibliography (PDF, 147.7K, About PDF)
- Appendix A (PDF, 580.6K, About PDF)
- Appendices B through D (PDF, 606K, About PDF)
- Appendices E through G (PDF, 234K, About PDF)
- Appendix H (PDF, 519.3K, About PDF)
Date Linked: 05/28/2009