You are here:
The Clean Air Act and the U.S. Economy: Final Report of Results and Findings
A study of the costs imposed by the Clean Air Act on economic performance and welfare. The analysis is based on the application of mulit-sector, inter-temporal, general equilibrium model of the United States Economy. The goals are to establish how the economy might have evolved had there been no Clean Air Act and to provide a measure of the welfare loss associated with the costs of compliance.
The downloadable files and their contents are a follows:
- File EE-0349-01:
3. Cost and Economic Impacts Analysis
3. Costs and Economic Impact Analysis - Specific Sectors and Pollutants
3. Costs and Economic Impact Analysis - Economic Impacts
3. Costs and Economic Impact Analysis - Surveys and Critiques
3. Costs and Economic Impact Analysis - MethodologyEnvironmental Media:
a. Air - Mobile Source
a. Air - Stationary SourceAuthors:
Jorgenson, Dale W.
Goettle, Richard J.
Gaynor, Daniel E.
Wilcoxen, Peter J.
Slesnick, Daniel T.EPA Project Officer/ Manager:Geographic Area:
United StatesStudy Purpose: Data Development
- Participating Organizations
Dale W. Jorgenson Associates Address:
City: Cambridge State: MA ZIP:
Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Policy, Planning and Evaluation Address:
City: State: ZIP:
- Report Details
FinalDate: 08/27/1993Number of Pages: 141
- How to Obtain Report
Download report now
Use link(s) to download or view the report
- Beginning through Chapter 4 (PDF, 537.8K, About PDF)
- Chapter 5 (PDF, 213.5K, About PDF)
- Chapter 6 through first part of Appendix A (PDF, 502.3K, About PDF)
- Remainder of Appendix A (PDF, 613.6K, About PDF)
- Appendix B (PDF, 405.5K, About PDF)
- Appendices C and D (PDF, 580.7K, About PDF)
Date Linked: 05/28/2009
- Section 1. Introduction
Section 2. Methodology
Section 3. Removing the Costs of Compliance
Section 4. The Clean Air Act and the U.S. Economy
- Section 5. The Economy, Welfare and Stationary and Mobile Source Compliance Costs
- Section 6. The Economy, Welfare and Endogenous Productivity Growth
Section 7. The Economy, Welfare and Foreign Savings
First part of Appendix A. Compliance Cost Sources, Methods and Database
- Remainder of Appendix A
- Appendix B. Tables and Graphs for Mobile Source Analyses\
- Appendix C. Tables and Graphs for Productivity Analyses
Appendix D. Tables and Graphs for Foreign Savings Analyses.