You are here:
Discounting in Environmental Policy Making
Prepared as a background literature survey, this "white paper" played an important role in preparing the social discounting portion of the Guidelines for Preparing Economic Analyses for the Environmental Protection Agency. As such, it contains more detail and more in-depth analyses of the major issues that arise in social discounting than do the Guidelines.
1. Benefits Analysis
2. Cost-Benefit and Cost Effectiveness Analysis
3. Cost and Economic Impacts Analysis
1. Benefits Analysis - Valuation
2. Cost-Benefit and Cost Effectiveness Analysis - Methodology
3. Costs and Economic Impact Analysis - General Pollution Control Costs
3. Costs and Economic Impact Analysis - Economic Impacts
3. Costs and Economic Impact Analysis - MethodologyEnvironmental Media:
g. OtherAuthors: Arnold, Frank S.
Sussman, Frances G.
Deck, Leland B.EPA Project Officer/ Manager:
Snyder, BrettiGeographic Area:Study Purpose: Methodology GuidelinesReport Series: White paper for EPA Guidelines for Preparing Economic Analyses
List of all reports in the Series:
- Participating Organizations
ICF Incorporated/Abt Associates Subcontractor Address: 1850 K Street NW
City: Washington State: DC ZIP: 20006
Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Policy Address:
City: State: ZIP:
- Report Details
FinalDate: 04/01/1997Number of Pages: 36Grant/Contract #: 68-W6-0029
- How to Obtain Report