The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is adding 870 water bodies and pollutants to Oregon’s 2010 303(d) list. These segments are in addition to the 970 listed segments that EPA approved on March 15, 2012. The 303(d) list is a list of waterbodies that do not meet water quality standards and that need Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs).
On March 15, 2012, the EPA partially approved and partially disapproved Oregon’s 2010 303(d) list submittal. Specifically, EPA approved Oregon’s proposal to list 970 water quality limited segments. However, EPA disapproved Oregon’s failure to review all readily available data and information and not list 1004 water quality limited segments. EPA proposed to add these water quality limited segments to the State’s 2010 303(d) list.
The EPA provided the public the opportunity to review its proposed decision to add these water quality limited segments to Oregon’s 2010 303(d) list between March 15 and April 30, 2012. After considering comments received from the public, the EPA is adding 870 water bodies and pollutants to Oregon’s 2010 303(d) list. All 870 water quality limited segments were originally proposed.
With EPA's final action, the 870 new listings will become part of Oregon's 303(d) list. ODEQ will update information on its website at DEQ's Water Quality Assessment and use this information for Clean Water Act purposes such as prioritizing and developing TMDLs.
- EPA Response to Comments from the City of Klamath Falls (PDF) (6 pp, 554K)
- The EPA's cover letter to Oregon Department of Environmental Quality on Final Additions to Oregon’s 2010 303(d) List (PDF) (2 pp, 225K) - December 14, 2012
- Decision Rationale: The EPA’s Action to Add Waters to Oregon’s 2010 303d List (December 2012) (PDF) (7 pp, 53K)
- EPA’s final list of additional water quality segments and associated impairments to be added to Oregon’s 2010 303(d) List (PDF) (241 pp, 904K) | Excel Version (xlsx) (117K)
- EPA’s proposed water quality limited segments and associated impairments that are not included in the EPA’s final list to be added to Oregon’s 2010 303(d) List (PDF) (3 pp, 231K) | Excel Version (xlsx) (53K)
- Response to Comments on the EPA’s Additions to Oregon’s 2010 Clean Water Act 303(d) List (December 2012) (22 pp, 639K)
- Table of Proposed the EPA Listings Removed in Response to Comments and Rationale for Each Removal (PDF) (8 pp, 253K) | Excel Version (xlsx) (31K)
- Table on Clarifications or Corrections to the EPA’s Listings (PDF) (2 pp, 215K) | Excel Version (xlsx) (15K)
- The EPA Evaluation of Ocean Acidification Information (PDF) (47 pp, 244K)
- Parameters and Beneficial Uses Evaluated and Associated Databases Used by the EPA (Microsoft Excel spreadsheet) (26K)