Lockheed West Seattle
Photo courtesy of Don Wilson, Port of Seattle. View of Lockheed West Seattle (lower center) and surrounding area.
The Lockheed West Seattle site is located at 3443 West Marginal Way SW on Elliott Bay in Seattle, Washington. Harbor Island and Pacific Sound Resources are neighboring Superfund sites.
Historic industrial practices at this former shipyard released contaminants into the bay, including metals, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), and petroleum products.
Documents related to the site (the Administrative Record) are available for review in the Superfund Records Center in Seattle. Please call 206-553-4494 for an appointment.
The Record of Decision for Lockheed West Seattle which describes the cleanup plan selected by EPA for this site was released on August 28, 2013.
In May 2014, the EPA recognized that Tables 12 and 23 in the Record of Decision contained three transcription errors. As a result, an Explanation of Significant Difference was issued by EPA on February 12, 2015, correcting these mistakes.
NOTE: Some of these files are very large and may take a long time to download. You may request a CD copy of the document by contacting the staff below.
- Explanation of Significant Differences (PDF) (22 pp, 617K) - February 2015
- Record of Decision for Lockheed West Seattle (PDF) (187 pp, 11.5MB) - August 2013
- The Proposed Plan (PDF) (100 pp, 10MB)
- Lockheed cover letter for requesting approval of Final Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study (PDF) (2 pp, 47K)
- Final Lockheed West Seattle Superfund Site Remedial Investigation / Feasibility Study Volume I: Main Text (PDF) (622 pp, 53MB)
- Final Lockheed West Seattle Superfund Site Remedial Investigation / Feasibility Study Volume II: Appendices (PDF) (1082 pp, 23MB)
- Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study Work Plan for Lockheed West Seattle Superfund Site (PDF) (232 pp, 10MB, About PDF) - June 2008
- Complete Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study (RI/FS) Work Plan with Appendices (PDF) (1379 pp, 76MB) - June 2008
- RI/FS Work Plan: Table of Contents and Introduction (PDF) (18 pp, 312K) - June 2008
Community Involvement Coordinator
Superfund Site Listing