Portland Harbor Superfund Site
This page contains a partial archive of older documents related to the Portland Harbor Superfund site. The most recent documents are available on our Portland Harbor home page.
You can also review electronic copies of many technical documents, fact sheets, and other site documents at Multnomah County Central Library
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Click on the triangle to expand a heading to see a list of documents.
Early Action Cleanup Areas
Early Action cleanup areas are parts of a Superfund site that may become a threat to people or the environment before the long-term cleanup is completed. Within the Portland Harbor Superfund Site, Triangle Park, and U.S. Moorings early action areas have completed cleanup activities and are being monitored. The remaining early action areas below have begun in water removal of contaminated sediments and collection of extensive data at known "hot spots," or areas where contamination is highly concentrated. The initial work will allow hot spots at the remaining early action sites to receive priority when sitewide cleanup begins.
- Arkema - A former pesticide manufacturing facility contaminated with high levels of DDT and other chemicals.
- Gasco-Siltronic - A former manufactured gas plant contaminated with tar deposits from past manufacturing.
- River Mile 11E - An area located between the Fremont and Broadway Bridges on the east side of the Willamette River.
- Terminal 4 - A former industrial site contaminated with pesticides, PCBs, metals, and PAHs.
- Triangle Park - A 35-acre former industrial site with soil and groundwater contamination.
- U.S. Moorings Early Action Area - A former industrial site contaminated with metals, solvents, and petroleum by-products from historical boat maintenance activities.
Links to Documents from Other Agencies
You can also find hard copies of these documents at one of the Information Repository locations for the Portland Harbor Superfund site.