June 1, 2011 Session on Public Involvement in EPA Advisory Activities Supported by the SAB Staff Office
The SAB Staff Office announced on May 11, 2011 a public session on public involvement in activities related to the Advisory Council on Clean Air Compliance Analysis (the Council), the Clean Air Scientific Advisory Committee (CASAC), and the Science Advisory Board (SAB).
The public session was held on Wednesday, June 1, 2011, to receive public input and feedback in four areas:
- the websites for the Council, CASAC and SAB;
- public involvement in nomination of experts for committees and panels;
- public involvement in meeting and report development; and
- other topics of interest to the public.
The following materials were provided at the public session:
- Agenda (PDF, 1pp., 616 kb, About PDF Files)
- Presentation, Federal Advisory Committee Act (PDF, 9 pp., 1,520 kb, About PDF Files)
- Presentation, Science Advisory Board Staff Office Public Involvement In Advisory Process (PDF, 12 pp., 616kb, About PDF Files)
The SAB Staff Office has prepared a summary (PDF, 18 pp., 946kb, About PDF Files) of the public session.
The SAB Staff Office requested written comments by June 30, 2011. The following written comments were received:
- Comments from James Conrad, Jr.,Conrad Law & Policy Counsel (PDF, 11 pp., 157kb, About PDF Files)
- Comments from Thomas W. Curtis, American Water Works Association (PDF, 4 pp., 63kb, About PDF Files)
- Comments from Eric Dubé, Steptoe and Johnson LLP (PDF, 8 pp., 33kb, About PDF Files)
- Comments from Howard Feldman, American Petroleum Institute (PDF, 4 pp., 322kb, About PDF Files)
- Comments from David Fischer, American Chemistry Council (PDF, 1 pp., 86kb, About PDF Files)
- Comments from Debra Shprentz, Atmospherix (PDF, 2 pp., 15kb, About PDF Files)