Permits Homepage - Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) | Region 10 | US EPA

Jump to main content.

Permits Homepage - Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)

State Solid & Hazardous Waste Permitting
RCRA permits are required for facilities that treat, store, or dispose of hazardous wastes. Oregon, Washington and Idaho are authorized to administer parts of the RCRA permit program in their respective states. EPA administers the RCRA program in Alaska. To receive RCRA program authorization, state requirements must be at least as strict as the federal requirements. EPA is also responsible for issuing RCRA permits for treatment, storage and disposal of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and permits on Tribal lands.

The federal regulations which govern the permitting process include: The Solid Waste Disposal Act, as amended by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and the Hazardous and Solid Waste Amendments of 1984, The Toxic Substances Control Act, and Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations.

Public Notices

Name of Facility/CompanyStateComment Period Open
U.S. Army Fort WainwrightAlaskaJune 27, 2013 - Sept. 3, 2013 (extended from August 11)

EPA Permit Coordinators

  • Roberta Hedeen (, State of Idaho - (206) 553-0201
  • Jan Palumbo (, State of Alaska and Washington - (206) 553-6702
  • Linda Meyer (, State of Oregon - (206) 553-6636
State RCRA Programs


Jump to main content.