Visit the Records Center
Schedule an appointment:
Please contact the Records Center at (206) 553-4494 to schedule an appointment to review documents. Appointments will be scheduled between 8:30am and 4:00pm, Monday-Friday only.
- Visitors must check in at the EPA Service Center on the 12th floor. Someone will escort you to the Records Center.
- Visitors are asked to sign in when coming into the Records Center to review documents.
- Documents may be reviewed at the Records Center only. They may not be removed.
- Some Administrative Records are available only on microfilm. You may purchase copies from the Records Center
- EPA's Region 10 Office
1200 Sixth Avenue, Suite 900
(check-in at 12th floor)
Seattle, WA 98101
- 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
About the Records Center
The Region 10 Superfund Records Center - staffed by ASRC Primus, Inc. - is a secure, centralized storage and processing facility for Superfund program documents. The collection includes:
Our facility includes a public viewing area for Dockets and Administrative Records, a stand-alone computer, and a microfilm reader/printer.
Superfund Administrative Records
- Administrative Records (ARs) for National Priorities List (NPL) and Removal Response Cleanup Sites
- NPL Listing Dockets
- Hazardous Waste Compliance Docket
- NPL and Removal Response Cleanup site files
- Federal facilities site files
- CERCLA site assessment files
Administrative Records (ARs) are collections that document cleanup decisions related to specific National Priorities List (NPL) and Removal Response actions. Administrative Record files are available for public review at the Records Center. Though not required, an appointment for review is recommended in order to guarantee availability of time and review space.
Hazardous Waste Compliance Dockets
The Records Center houses the Hazardous Waste Compliance Docket files, portions of which are available for public viewing. This docket is comprised of federally owned and/or operated sites which are being reviewed and tested for possible inclusion on the National Priorities List (NPL). Review appointments are recommended.
NPL, Removal Response, Federal Facilities, and Site Assessment Records
The Records Center also houses documents pertaining to Superfund sites which are not included in the Administrative Record collection. An appointment and a Freedom of Information Act request are required to review these documents. Please submit your FOIA request in advance, as this allows time to determine which records are responsive to your request, and to arrange scheduling of your review. See below for information about making FOIA requests and review scheduling.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests
FOIA requests must be made prior to a review of all records, except for those designated as "Publicly Available Records." For more information on submitting FOIA requests, including electronic FOIA request submissions, visit our Region 10 FOIA page.
Copies of requested documents will be mailed to the requester. The FOIA page contains information regarding FOIA fees.