SIP - ALASKA - 18 AAC 50.900
18 AAC 50.900. SMALL BUSINESS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
(a) The purpose of the small business assistance program established under AS 46.14.300 is to help small businesses in the state comply with state and federal air quality laws. The department’s The Alaska Small Business Assistance Program, adopted by reference in 18 AAC 50.030, describes the small business assistance program.
(b) Subject to AS 46.14.300(c) and 46.14.310, only the owner or operator of a "small business facility," as that term is defined in AS 46.14.990, is eligible to receive the services of the small business assistance program.
(c) The owner or operator of an eligible small business facility may request a change to a requirement under this chapter that
(1) is a work practice or technological method of compliance; or
(d) A change described in (c) of this section may be requested as follows:
(2) sets a schedule of milestones preceding a date for implementing a work practice or technological method of compliance.
(e) The department will schedule a proposed amendment to this chapter submitted under (d)(1) of this section for public hearing as provided in AS 44.62.230 if the change would not cause a violation of
(1) if the requested change requires an amendment of a provision of this chapter, the request must be submitted under AS 44.62.220 and must include
(A) a description of the provision of this chapter to be amended:
(B) a description of the proposed amendment to be adopted; and
(C) an explanation of the need for the proposed change and how the change can adequately substitute for or replace the requirement to be changed; or
(2) if the requested change requires a revision to a permit term or condition that is not expressly required by this chapter, the request may be submitted as an application for a minor or significant permit modification under 40 C.F.R. 71.7(e), adopted by reference in 18 AAC 50.040, and subject to 18 AAC 50.326.
Editor's note: More information on the services provided by the small business assistance program referred to in this section, including details on determining eligibility, may be obtained from the department's small business advocate, 410 Willoughby Avenue, Juneau, Alaska 99801-1795, (907) 465-5100. A copy of the program description as it appears in the state air quality control plan, adopted by reference in 18 AAC 50.030, is available from the department's central and regional offices. A copy of the state air quality control plan may be viewed at any department office or at the Office of the Lieutenant Governor.
State effective: 10/1/04; EPA effective: 9/13/07
(1) the Clean Air Act;
(2) a federally-enforceable requirement; or
(3) state law.