SIP - ALASKA - 18 AAC 53.010
18 AAC 53.010. CONTROL PERIODS AND CONTROL AREAS
(a) For the purposes of this chapter, the department may establish or reestablish a control period for one or more of the control areas described in (d) of this section. Not less than 180 days before the control period begins, the department will
(1) publish notice in a newspaper serving each control area that will be subject to the control period; and
(2) send the notice to each CAR registered under 18 AAC 53.070 for the previous control period.
(b) If the department establishes or reestablishes a control period under (a) of this section, that control period begins
(1) on or after November 1 in the first year, and will ends on the following March 1; and
(2) on November 1 in each subsequent year, and will ends on the following March 1, unless the department suspends the control period under 18 AAC 53.190.
(c) Upon suspending a control period under 18 AAC 53.190 for a control area, the department will send notice of the suspension to
(1) the local air pollution control program office in the control area; and
(2) each CAR registered under 18 AAC 53.070 for the previous control period.
(d) For the purposes of this chapter, the following are control areas:
(1) Municipality of Anchorage; and
(2) Fairbanks North Star Borough, including the City of Fairbanks.
State effective: 2/20/2004; EPA effective: 7/23/2004