Seattle Environmental Management System (EMS) Policy
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
EPA Region 10 is committed to acting in an environmentally, economically and fiscally sound, responsible manner. We believe it is incumbent upon us to reach a higher standard of environmental excellence and “walk-the-talk” toward a more sustainable future. We will do this through our own facility management and our Regional Strategic Endeavor: Sustainability and Strategic Partnerships. Region 10 will serve as a public example, fostering an understanding of the relationships among the natural and man-made environments, economics, and society as a whole.
To accomplish this, the managers and staff of EPA Region 10, in partnership with our contractors and building owners commit to:
Signed, April 14, 2008, in the City of Seattle, Washington.
Seattle Environmental Management System (EMS) Policy (PDF) (1 pp. 69K) - October 2010
Manchester Lab EMS Policy (PDF) (1pp. 334K) - December 2008
- Implement an Environmental Management System (EMS), using this as the primary approach for addressing environmental aspects within our operations/services;
- Promote pollution prevention within the Region;
- Lead by example by reducing our carbon footprint;
- Measure our progress towards our environmental goals;
- Comply with all applicable environmental and energy legal and regulatory requirements, Executive Orders (EO) - especially E.O. 13423, and local requirements;
- Continually improve our environmental performance;
- Educate our employees regarding our environmental goals;
- Strive for more environmentally, economically and socially sustainable practices in our regional operations; and
- Share our performance with the public.