- Why did R10 decide to implement a 2-yr funding process?
It gives us the opportunity to provide two fiscal years of funding under one RFP. The RFP is not expected to change in concept from FY12 and the focus is still Wetland Program Plans and the Core Elements Framework. In addition, going to a two fiscal year grants provides applicants with a greater ability to plan financially for more than one year at a time.
- If a proposal doesn’t get selected, can they reapply in FY14?
No. They will have to wait until FY15 to reapply.
- If our proposal does not get selected, will the Region hold proposals for the next solicitation (FY15)?
No. All applicants will need to re-apply under the FY15/FY16 Request for Proposals.
- Can one proposal be submitted for both Track One and Two?
No. Each proposal will be evaluated under either Track One or Track Two.
- Will they rank/score higher if they have an EPA approved Wetland Program Plan in place?
There are no additional points for having an EPA approved Wetland Program Plan; however, the focus of the FY13 WPDG RFP is the development of Wetland Program Plans and there are more funds available under Track One to accommodate the RFP focus. The Region has discretion to move funds between the two tracks, if necessary.
- How will we handle second year funding?
All proposals will be incrementally funded. Incremental funding will be determined based on an assessment of the work plan. The increments will be determined based on the budgets submitted with the work plan and how best to support the work under the two year project.
- Will we accept proposal for 1 year funding only?
Yes. We will accept proposals for 1 year funding. However, the next Request for Proposals will not be announced until FY15. Applicants need to be aware there will be no announcement in FY14, which means no funds available.
- If we get awarded can we put our funds in a PPG? Can we have a multi-year PPG?
Yes. If awarded, applicants can put funds into their PPG. The PPG will be amended to accommodate the two year funding. Each applicant will be assessed as to the validity of using their PPG as the funding vehicle. If the applicant is experiencing an administrative burden using the PPG vehicle, the Wetland grant will be a standalone grant. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- What if the FY14 WPDG funding estimate is less than the final actual amount allocated to EPA R10? How will that affect the incremental funds available for FY14?
If the Region receives less than the estimate, the incremental funds will be cut by the percentage of the difference. The Project Officers assigned to each grant will work with the grantees to determine how, what and where to adjust the funding and work plan, if necessary.