News Releases issued by the Office of Water
EPA to Hold Listening Sessions on Potential Chesapeake Bay Stormwater Rule
Release Date: 10/22/2010
Contact Information: Jalil Isa (MEDIA ONLY), firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-564-3226, Rachel Herbert (PUBLIC INQUIRIES), email@example.com, 202-564-2649
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will hold five listening sessions and one webcast to seek feedback from citizens on provisions in a proposed stormwater rule that will affect the Chesapeake Bay watershed. In December 2009, EPA initiated a national rulemaking to better protect waterbodies from the harmful effects of stormwater discharges from new development and redevelopment. EPA is now soliciting input specifically on potential provisions of the stormwater rulemaking with respect to the Chesapeake Bay watershed. As part of the listening sessions, EPA will also address environmental justice considerations.
The sessions will be held:
· October 26, 2010, Baltimore, Md., 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for the listening session and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. for the environmental justice discussion.
· October 28, 2010, Cambridge, Md., 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the listening session and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. for the environmental justice discussion.
· November 4, 2010, Washington, D.C., 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. for the environmental justice discussion and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. for the listening session.
· November 9, 2010, Richmond, Va., 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for the listening session and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. for the environmental justice discussion.
· November 16, 2010, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. EST webcast listening session.
· November 17, 2010, Harrisburg, Pa., 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for the listening session and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. for the environmental justice discussion.
The public can find more information on the specific locations of the sessions and register by going to the website below.
EPA will accept written comments on the potential rule until 60 days after publication in the Federal Register.
To register or for more information on the listening sessions: http://www.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater/rulemaking