2009 News Releases
TMDL ‘Pollution Diet’ Meetings Set for Virginia
Release Date: 12/10/2009
Contact Information: David Sternberg email@example.com, 215-814-5548
PHILADELPHIA (December 10, 2009) The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will hold five public meetings in Virginia next week to discuss the Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) – a strict “pollution diet” to restore local waters and the Chesapeake Bay.
The Bay TMDL will establish and assign the pollution reductions necessary to meet Bay clean water standards.
The five Virginia meetings are part of a series of 16 public meetings on the Bay TMDL being held throughout the watershed’s six states and the District of Columbia from early November through mid-December 2009.
The meetings are scheduled for:
- · Dec. 14, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Falls Church, VA, Falls Church High School, Little Theater, 7521 Jaguar Trail.
· Dec. 15, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Chesapeake, VA, Hampton Roads Planning District Commission, Regional Boardroom, 723 Woodlake Drive.
· Dec. 15, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Williamsburg, VA, 2007 Legacy Hall, Large Meeting Room, 4301 New Town Ave.
· Dec. 16, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Penn Laird, VA (Harrisonburg area), Spotswood High School, Auditorium, 368 Blazer Drive.
· Dec. 17, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Fredericksburg, VA, Wingate Inn, Jefferson Auditorium, 20 Sanford Drive.
Live computer access to the presentations and audio from the Dec. 17 meeting in Fredericksburg will be available via webinar. A webinar registration link and more information on the Bay TMDL are available at www.epa.gov/chesapeakebaytmdl