EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson to Announce Great Lakes Grants in Green Bay Today
Release Date: 09/07/2010
Contact Information: Anne Rowan, email@example.com
CHICAGO – U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa P. Jackson will announce EPA’s first Great Lakes Restoration Initiative competitive grants at an event today in Green Bay, Wis.
She will be joined in Green Bay by Sen. Russ Feingold, Rep. Steve Kagan, and Jeff Skelding, Director, Healing Our Waters Coalition.
The first of the Wisconsin Great Lakes Restoration Grants (totalling $2,273,169) are:
• $1.5 million to Brown County for Cat Island chain restoration.
• $395,815 to Brown County Land and Water Conservation District for West Shore Green Bay Northern Pike habitat restoration.
• $377,354 to Brown County Land and Water Conservation District for Baird Creek riparian protection .
Other Wisconsin Great Lakes Restoration Grants (totalling $2,989,427) being awarded today are:
• $2 million to Brown County for Renard Island soil capping project.
• $489,427 to Oconto County Land Conservation District for riparian buffers and wetlands.
• $250,000 to University of Wisconsin Oshkosh for sanitary surveys of southern beaches.
• $250,000 to University of Wisconsin Oshkosh for sanitary surveys of northern beaches.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
2:30 p.m. CDT Green Bay Press Conference
Jack Day Environmental Education Center
90 Bay Beach Rd.
Green Bay, WI
# # #