EPA Holds Public Listening Session for National Stormwater Program
Release Date: 03/10/2010
Contact Information: Emily Zimmerman, (617) 918-1037
(Boston, Mass. - March 9, 2010) - EPA New England will hold a public listening session on the proposed national rulemaking to strengthen the stormwater program on Thursday, March 11, 2010 in the John W McCormack building at 5 Post Office Square, Boston.
EPA seeks stakeholder input on the following regulatory considerations to help EPA shape a program to reduce stormwater impacts:
- Expand the area subject to federal stormwater regulations
- Establish specific requirements to control stormwater discharges from new development and redevelopment
- Develop a single set of consistent stormwater requirements for all MS4s
- Require MS4s to address stormwater discharges in areas of existing development through retrofitting the sewer system or drainage area with improved stormwater control measures
- Explore specific stormwater provisions to protect sensitive areas
In order to provide adequate seating for those wishing to attend EPA’s public listening sessions, interested individuals must register to attend at http://cfpub.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater/rulemaking.cfm. For individuals who cannot attend the listening session, EPA will make a conference call line available. The conference line will be "listen only," and sound quality cannot be guaranteed. Please contact Amber Marriott (email@example.com) for the conference call information.
Please Note: EPA will not be accepting comments (oral or written) on the Draft General Permit for Stormwater Discharges from Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems in Massachusetts North Coastal Watersheds. EPA-Region 1 will hold a separate public hearing for the permit on March 18, 2010. For further information, please contact Thelma Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
# # #