EPA Seeks Public Comments on Proposed Modification of Veolia’s Air Pollution Permit
Release Date: 01/14/2013
Contact Information: Phillippa Cannon, 312-353-6218, email@example.com (media only)
CHICAGO (Jan.14, 2013) — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency plans to modify the Clean Air Act Title V operating permit for Veolia ES Technical Solutions LLC in Sauget, Illinois. The change would add feed rate limits for heavy metals such as mercury, cadmium, lead, arsenic, beryllium and chromium and increase requirements for monitoring air emissions and waste burned at the facility.
EPA is proposing the modified permit to ensure compliance with federal air pollution limits.
EPA will accept public comments on the proposed modification until March 15, 2013 and will hold a public hearing from 3 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Distance Learning Lab, Room 2083, Building B, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville-East St. Louis Higher Education Campus, 601 James R. Thompson Blvd., East St. Louis, Illinois. Proposed modifications to the permit and related documents are available for review at the following locations:
- · Central Library, 1301 Olive St., St. Louis, MO;
· East St. Louis Library, 5300 State St.,;
· Cahokia Public Library, 140 Cahokia Park Drive, East St. Louis, IL;
· The EPA Regional Office, 77 W. Jackson Blvd., 18th floor, Chicago, Illinois. Please contact David Ogulei at 312-353-0987 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.;
· Visit www.regulations.gov: Docket ID EPA-R05-OAR-2012-0649; or
Written comments on the proposal and requests to receive notices of any future actions may be submitted to EPA online at: www.regulations.gov: Docket ID EPA-R05-OAR-2012-0649 or
http://www.epa.gov/region5/air/veoliasauget/index.html. They may also be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 312-692-2551 or mailed to George Czerniak, Director, Air and Radiation Division (A-18J), U.S. EPA, 77 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604.