Children's Health Protection
Student Curriculum: Recipes for Healthy Kids and a Healthy Environment
View/Download Lesson Plans
This lesson teaches kids about air pollutants or irritants and how to keep the air in our homes and schools clean. It includes information about asthma and its triggers as well as lead exposure.
Kids Will Be Able to:
- define asthma, breathing, secondhand smoke, and other triggers;
- name three asthma triggers and how to avoid them;
- list three things that they can do to keep the air in their homes healthy;
- explain how lead can impact kids negatively; and
- list steps to avoid exposure to lead in our homes.
How to Get This Lesson:
- The complete lesson plan offers everything you need, including all visual materials.
- You can also download materials separately so you can print the visuals in a larger size or show them on a screen.
Download the Complete Lesson Plan
Download Parts of the Lesson Plan
- Lesson Cards (PDF) (12pp, 3.16MB)
Handouts for Kids
Additional Online Resources
Looking for more resources for instructors or activities for kids on this topic? Check out these suggested resources from federal and state organizations.
- AirNow: Why is Coco Orange? Asthma Storybook
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Asthma Kids Resources - Fun facts, games and learning activities