Children's Health Protection
Student Curriculum: Recipes for Healthy Kids and a Healthy Environment
View/Download Lesson Plans
This lesson describes what foods we should eat to stay healthy and how to eat food that helps both the Earth and everything on it stay healthy.
Kids Will Be Able to:
- define sustainable, local, community garden, and nutrition;
- explain how air, water, food (soil), shelter, and sun impact gardens and food; and
- discuss the connection between climate change and food, and clean waterways and food.
How to Get This Lesson:
- The complete lesson plan offers everything you need, including all visual materials.
- You can also download materials separately so you can print the visuals in a larger size or show them on a screen.
Download the Complete Lesson Plan
Download Parts of the Lesson Plan
- Lesson Cards (PDF) (10pp, 2.71MB)
Handouts for Kids
- Take-Home Talk (PDF) (2pp, 3.8MB)
Additional Online Resources
Looking for more resources for instructors or activities for kids on this topic? Check out these suggested resources from federal and state organizations.
- US Department of Agriculture: Eat Smart. Play Hard. - activities, coloring sheets, worksheets for kids about balancing nutrition and physical activity
- Let's Move Campaign - lesson plans, resources, and kid-focused information on balanced nutrition and increasing physical activity
- Kids.gov: Eating Healthy - resources and kid-focused information on eating healthy
- ChooseMyPlate.gov : Health and Nutrition Information for Educators