Children's Health Protection
Student Curriculum: Recipes for Healthy Kids and a Healthy Environment
View/Download Lesson Plans
This lesson teaches kids about the importance of water in our lives and water safety and conservation. It also teaches them how to avoid mold and mildew at home.
Kids Will Be Able to:
- define mold, mildew, and fluoride;
- list three ways to stop mold and mildew from growing;
- explain how water is treated; and
- explain some ways to conserve water at home.
How to Get This Lesson:
- The complete lesson plan offers everything you need, including all visual materials.
- You can also download materials separately so you can print the visuals in a larger size or show them on a screen.
Download the Complete Lesson Plan
Lesson 7: Healthy Water Inside (PDF) (22pp, 4.69MB)
Download Parts of the Lesson Plan
- Lesson Cards (10pp, 2.79MB)
Handouts for Kids
- Take-Home Talk (PDF) (2pp, 602K)
Additional Online Resources
Looking for more resources for instructors or activities for kids on this topic? Check out these suggested resources from federal and state organizations.
- EPA: Drinking Water Resources for Teachers - Lesson plans, posters, and online activities for students
- EPA: WaterSense for Educators