Children's Health Protection
Student Curriculum: Recipes for Healthy Kids and a Healthy Environment
View/Download Lesson Plans
This lesson teaches kids about pests, pesticides, and how to get rid of pests in homes and schools safely by taking away their food, water, and shelter.
Kids Will Be Able to:
- define pests, pesticides, household hazards, chemicals, and toxic;
- list the steps to take if they ingest or touch a household hazard; and
- name three household pests and explain how to safely get rid of them.
How to Get This Lesson:
- The complete lesson plan offers everything you need, including all visual materials.
- You can also download materials separately so you can print the visuals in a larger size or show them on a screen.
Download the Complete Lesson Plan
Lesson 2: Pesky Pests and Household Hazards (PDF) (39pp, 7.31MB)
Download Parts of the Lesson Plan
- Lesson Cards (PDF) (11pp, 3.19MB)
Handouts for Kids
Additional Online Resources
Looking for more resources for instructors or activities for kids on this topic? Check out these suggested resources from federal and state organizations.