Children's Health Protection
Student Curriculum: Recipes for Healthy Kids and a Healthy Environment
View/Download Lesson Plans
This lesson helps kids connect the earth to their schools, homes, and communities and teaches them how they all affect each other.
Kids Will Be Able to:
- define environment and environmental health;
- list the four things that all living beings need (air, water, food, and shelter) and give examples of each;
- understand why children are often more at risk from environmental health hazards; and
- understand that their actions can help to create a healthier environment for themselves and for everyone around them.
How to Get This Lesson:
- The complete lesson plan offers everything you need, including all visual materials.
- You can also download materials separately so you can print the visuals in a larger size or show them on a screen.
Download the Complete Lesson Plan
Lesson 1: Environmental Health 101 (PDF) (23pp, 5.61MB)
Download Parts of the Lesson Plan
- Lesson Cards (PDF) (9pp, 2.57MB)
Handouts for Kids
- Take-Home Talk (PDF) (1pg, 539K)
Additional Online Resources
Looking for more resources for instructors or activities for kids on this topic? Check out these suggested resources from federal and state organizations.