SI 433 - SI433 Course Description
If you want to receive CEU credits for the course, you must be a Registered APTI user and will be required to provide a PIN upon passing the test. If you do not remember your PIN, contact Eric Crump. If you are a new user, it is recommended that you complete the Training Application Form at the beginning of the course, as it may take several days to process the application. If the PIN you select has already been used, we will notify you.
|SI: 433 Network Design and Site Selection for Monitoring PM 2.5 and PM 10 in Ambient Air|
The lessons for this course are accessed from the left sidebar.
4 CEU credits
This course is intended to provide you with a comprehensive, self-instructional, practical application of how to optimally design and determine site selection for a prticulate matter (PM) monitoring network in accordance with federal regulations and guidelines
- Discussion of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) and their impact on PM monitoring
- Overviews of the various network design and PM monitoring guidance documents
- Fundamental properties of particles
- General considerations for PM network design
- basic concepts and principles of PM monitoring and siting strategies
- Discussion of PM monitoring data and data analysis techniques currently available
- Site selection, documentation and reporting requirements