|The lessons for this course are accessed from the left sidebar.
2 CEU credits
This course uses video presentations, text materials, and reading assignments to present basic meteorology, meteorological effects on air pollution, meteorological instrumentation, air quality modeling, and regulatory programs requiring a knowledge of meteorology. A review of this course was completed in April, 2005. Only minor revisions were necessary with that review.
- Solar and terrestrial radiation
- Cyclones and anticyclones
- Wind speed and direction
- Atmospheric circulation
- Cold, warm, and occluded fronts
- Atmospheric stability
- Meteorological instrumentation
- Plume rise/effective stack height
- Types of air quality models
- Regulatory air quality programs