Benefits Transfer: Procedures, Problems, and Research Needs, 1992 Association of Environmental and Resource Economists Workshop, Snowbird, Utah
This document contains the proceedings for the 1992 Association of Environmental and Resource Economists Workshop on benefits transfer. At the workshop, three formal papers on benefit transfer issues and six benefits transfer study protocols were presented. This report contains the text of these papers as well as introductory remarks and discussant comments on them. The file numbers, authors, and the titles of their papers/presentations/comments are as follows:
How to Obtain Report
Download report now
Use link to download or view the report
David S. Brookshire: "Issues Regarding Benefits Transfer"
Leland B. Deck and Lauraine G. Chestnut: "Benefits Transfer: How Good Is Good Enough?"
Edward R. Morey: "What is Consumer's Surplus for a Day of Use, And What Does it Tell Us about Consumer's Surplus?"
John C. Bergstrom and Kevin J. Boyle: "Groundwater Valuation: Dougherty County, Georgia"
Appendix A: Maps and Schematics
William H. Desvousges, Richard W. Dunford, and Kristy E. Mathews: "Natural Resources Damages Valuation: Arthur Kill Oil Spill"
Carol Adaire Jones: "Recreational Fishing Valuation: Application of the Type-A Model"
Susan B. Kask: "Long-Term Health risks Valuation: Pigeon River, North Carolina"
Mary Jo Kealy, Susan Herrod, George Parsons, and Mark Montgomery: "Recreational Fishing Valuation: Acid Rain Provisions of the Clean Air Act Amendments"
Lauraine G. Chestnut and Robert D. Rowe: "Visibility Valuation: Acid Rain Provisions of the Clean Air Act"
Trudy Ann Cameron: "Issues in Benefits Transfer"
Alan J. Krupnick: "Benefit Transfer and Social Costing"
James J. Opaluch and Marisa J. Mazzotta: "Fundamental Issues in Benefit Transfer and Natural Resource Damage Assessment"
Martin H. David: "Benefiting Benefit Transfer: Information Systems for Complex Scientific Data"
Appendix A: Economic Analysis and Resource Branch Environmental Benefits Database
Appendix B: Attendees List
- Issues Regarding...; Benefits Transfer: How...; What is Consumer's Surplus... ; Groundwater valuation... (PDF, 483.5K, About PDF)
- Appendix A to Groundwater Valuation.... (PDF, 330.6K, About PDF)
- Groundwater Valuation....; Natural Resources Damage.....; Recreational Fishing valuation: Application...; Long Term Health Risks.....; Recreational Fishing Valuation: Acid Rain..... (PDF, 511K, About PDF)
- Visibility Valuation....; Issues.......; Benefit Transfer..... (PDF, 342.6K, About PDF)
- Fundamental Issues....; Benefiting Benefits....; Appendix A: Economic Analisys...; Appendix B: Attendees.. (PDF, 278.9K, About PDF)