1.5. Organization of Report by Subject
Although this report can be reorganized by the user in a number of ways by selecting different views, the table of contents organization is along subject lines, as discussed in the Preface. From a subject perspective, the remainder of this report includes:
Topics 1 to 3 are needed by EPA primarily to prepare Regulatory Impact Analyses. Topic 4 is needed to analyze opportunities for using economic incentives in EPA regulations. Topic 5 assists EPA to understand the nature and characteristics of the industry that has been created to assist pollution control activities. Topic 6 assists EPA to carry out other types of economic analyses.
- a review of some of the more pioneering studies EPA has sponsored on improving the foundation for assessing the economic benefits of environmental pollution control,
- an examination of economic cost and impact studies of environmental pollution control,
- an examination of cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness studies,
- a review of economic incentives and other innovative approaches studies,
- a look at pollution control industry studies,
- a look at distribution and equity, sustainable development, and other research, and
- a bibliography of external-to-EPA sources used in the preparation of this report.