1. These alternative test methods are only approved for use where specified in a local Air District rule that is approved into the State Implementation Plan (SIP).
2. Unless specifically stated in the approval letter for the specific method, these alternative methods are not approved for use to determine compliance with Federal Regulations and Standards including , but not limited to the following:
- Clean Air Act (CAA) Title I, New Source Performance Standards (NSPS), 40 CFR 60
- CAA Title III, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, (NESHAPS) 40 CFR 63 - Also known as Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) Standards
- CAA Title IV, Acid Rain, 40 CFR 72-78
- Permits issued by the US EPA
3. Mention of a specific firm or product does not constitute EPA endorsement of that firm or product.