You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page
For current approval actions open for public comment see the NPDES page listing draft permits.
For current compliance actions open for public comments see the "What's New" section of the Office of Water page.
General information on pretreatment is available on the Industrial Pretreatment page of the EPA National Web Site.
Pretreatment Streamlining Rule: EPA finalized changes to the pretreatment rules (PDF) (66 pp, 407K) at 40 CFR 403, effective 11/14/05.
For information on Categorical Standards applicable to some industrial discharges, follow the link to the Guidelines page of the EPA National Web Site.
EPA Region 10 pretreatment guidance:
1. Annual Report Guidance (PDF) (2 pp, 80K)
2. Region 10 Model Pretreatment Ordinance (PDF) (45 pp, 263K) - updated March 2012
The Pretreatment Program is delegated to the states of Alaska, Oregon and Washington.
ALASKA: For questions in Alaska, please contact Steve Russell (email@example.com) at the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation at (907) 334-2227.
OREGON: For questions in Oregon, please contact Etsegenet (Genet) Belete (Belete.firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality at (503) 229-5586.
WASHINGTON: In Washington, you need to contact the Department of Ecology pretreatment coordinator in the region where the facility is located:
IDAHO: For Idaho, EPA Region 10 retains direct oversight for pretreatment programs and issues. For questions, please contact at email@example.com or call (206) 553-1099.
- Southwest Region (Lacey): David Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org) (360) 407-6277
- Northwest Region (Bellevue): Doug Knutson (email@example.com) (425) 649-7025
- Central Region (Yakima): Ian Laseke, (firstname.lastname@example.org) (509) 457-7108
- Eastern Region (Spokane): Scott Mallery (email@example.com) (509) 329-3473