Aerial view of the Environmental Restoration Disposal Faciltiy, or ERDF, which receives wastes from Hanford Cleanup. (click photo for larger view)
The 200 Area, located on Hanford’s Central Plateau, is where chemical processing, plutonium finishing, and defense waste management activities took place. Beginning in 1944, fuel irradiated in the 100 Area reactors was taken to the 200 Area and chemically treated to remove and refine plutonium and uranium.
These chemical separations took place in both the eastern and western portions of the 200 Area NPL site. These portions of Hanford are called 200 East and 200 West.
Click on the triangle for more Site Summary
- Record of Decision for Interim Remedial Action Handford 200 Area (PDF) (111 pp, 4.3MB) - September 2012
- Third Five Year Review and EPA Concurrence Letter to the Region 10 Five Year Review and Hanford Sites (PDF) (4 pp, 202K) - May 2012
- Record of Decision with Appendix A: Public Comments over Operative Units: 200-CW-5 AND 200-PW-1, 200-PW-3, AND 200-PW-6 (PDF) (325 pp, 18.4MB) - September 2011
- ROD Amendment and Explanation of Significant Differences (PDF) (30 pp, 155K)- July 29, 2009
- Explanation of Significant Differences for the Interim Action Record of Decision for the 200-UP-1 Groundwater Operable Unit (PDF) (13 pp. 266K)
- 200-ZP-1 Groundwater Operable Unit Record of Decision (PDF) (124pp. 1.5MB) - September 25, 2008.
- Record of Decision (ROD)
- 2007 ROD Amendment (PDF) (30pp. 568K)
- Action Memo for Removal Action (PDF) (20pp. 972 K) - December 12, 2004
- 2002 ROD Amendment (31pp. 767 K) - January 31, 2002
- 221-U Facility (Canyon Disposition Initiative) Record of Decision (PDF) (112pp, 2.1 MB) - September 30, 2005
|You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more. |