Important Dates (UPDATED):
June 24, 2011: Proposals must be submitted through Grants.Gov or received in hardcopy by U.S. EPA Region 10 by 4:00 PM PDT.
July 8, 2011: Successful and unsuccessful applicants notified.
October 1, 2011: Projects start date.
Note: The above dates are estimated and subject to change.
- Eligible Applicants: Applicants eligible to submit proposals under this announcement include Indian tribal governments and intertribal consortium or consortia located in Alaska. Definitions are included in the full request for proposals document under the Eligibility Information section.
- Estimated Funding: The total estimated funding available under this competitive opportunity is $360,000 subject to the availability of funds, quality of proposals received, and other applicable considerations. We anticipate awarding up to five (5) cooperative agreements. The maximum estimated value of each award shall not exceed $72,000.
- Full Request for Proposals (PDF) (27 pp. 134K, About PDF) Also available at www.Grants.gov (under EPA-R10-HHW-101)
- Grant application materials and resources from our Grants and Debarment website
Request for Proposals
We anticipate awarding approximately five cooperative agreements to eligible applicants to design, manage, and implement Household Hazardous Waste Collection and Disposal Programs. Applicants should address how their proposed project enhances human health and the environment and builds capacity for sustainable, long term household hazardous waste management. Final results and findings from each proposal must be presented in a transferable format for the benefit of tribal communities at large.
Proposals are due to the EPA by 4:00 pm PDT, June 24, 2011.
Applicants eligible to submit proposals under this announcement include Indian tribal governments and intertribal consortium or consortia located in Alaska. Definitions are included in the full request for proposals document (PDF) (27 pp, 134K) under the Eligibility Information section.
How to Apply
Applicants may download individual grant application forms, or electronically request a paper application package and an accompanying computer CD of information related to applicants/grant recipients’ roles and responsibilities from our Grants and Debarment website by visiting: http://www.epa.gov/ogd/grants/how_to_apply.htm. Follow all instructions in the full request for proposals document (PDF) (27 pp, 134K) while preparing and submitting your application. There are two methods for sending a complete application:
1. Hard copy (paper) submission. Submit a complete proposal package including all of the documents identified in Section 4(B)of the full request for proposals document (PDF) (27 pp, 134K). Paper submission must include one completed copy of the "Application for Federal Assistance" (SF-424) with an original signature, a "Narrative Proposal" and all applicable Attachments. The complete proposal must be sent through regular mail (U.S. Postal Service), express mail, or commercial delivery service to the EPA Region 10 Program contact at:
For more information
Please refer to the full Request for Proposals document or contact Fran Stefan (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email or phone (206) 553-6639.
2. Electronically through www.grants.gov (See Appendix A in the full announcement for Grants.gov Proposal Submission Instructions).
EPA Region 10
1200 Sixth Avenue
Suite 900, AWT-128
Seattle, Washington, 98101
Ph: (206) 553-6639