2006 Solid Waste Grant Program Request for Proposals
UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY, REGION 10
2006 RESOURCE CONSERVATION CHALLENGE FUNDING PROGRAM
Announcement Type: Request for Proposals
Funding Opportunity Name: Resource Conservation Challenge
Funding Opportunity #: EPA-R10-RCC-2006
Catalogue of Federal Domestic Assistance Number:
66.808: Solid Waste Management Assistance
Action Dates: Proposals due on August 7, 2006
The Resource Conservation Challenge Funding Program is EPA Region 10’s competitive funding program that promotes solid waste management and pollution prevention projects. This notice announces the availability of approximately $100,000 total program funding for FY2006. The Region expects to award four to eight assistance agreements either as grants or cooperative agreements to eligible applicants for amounts between $10,000 and $50,000.
Eligibility: Eligible organizations include State local, Tribal, interstate, and intrastate government agencies and instrumentalities; and non-profit organizations that are not 501(c)(4) organizations that lobby, including non-profit educational institutions and non-profit hospitals. There is no funding match requirement. Proposed projects must also identify how they will achieve measurable environmental results in one or more of the following Regional Priorities. Please see Section III for further information on eligibility requirements.
To review the complete details of this request for proposal, please see the full funding announcement (PDF, 94KB, 29 pgs.) which includes the following information:
Section I. Funding Opportunity Description
Section II. Award Information
Section III. Eligibility Information
Section IV. Application and Submission Information
Section V. Application Review Information
Section VI. Award Administration
Section VII. Agency Contacts
Section VII. Other Information
Application Submission Deadline: Your organization’s Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) must submit your complete application electronically to EPA through Grants.gov (http://www.grants.gov) no later than midnight, Pacific Time, August 7, 2006.
- Reduce the generation and disposal of the following materials and waste streams through reuse, recycling, composting, market development or product stewardship:
(a) municipal solid waste, especially packaging and containers; paper and paperboard; and food and green yard waste;
(b) organics, including biodegradable packaging; and,
(c) beverage containers.
- Develop projects for “recycling-on-the-go” (away from home) or public space recycling, at venues and locations frequented by the public, e.g., sports arenas, parks, movie theaters, outdoor amphitheaters, college or university campus, shopping centers, festival sites, casinos.
- Reduce the generation and disposal of food waste and/or food packaging through reuse, recycling, composting, or market development.
- Promotion of Environmentally Preferable Purchasing such as through Environmental Management Systems in state and local governments, hospitals, and federal facilities.
- Expand and strengthen state recycling organization activities which support one of the RCC’s MSW national priority area.
- Develop new or expand upon existing measurement systems or methodologies for recycling or stewardship of priority waste streams in EPA Region 10 States and on Tribal lands.