The Jackson Park Housing Complex (JPHC) is located east of Highway 3, approximately two miles northwest of Bremerton, Washington. The 300-acre complex currently contains housing for 3,000 military personnel. From 1904 to 1959, the facility operated as a Navy ammunition depot and included ordnance, manufacturing, processing, and disassembly. Residual ordnance powders were disposed of by open burning. Hazardous dust that was deposited on floors during ordnance handling was washed into floor drains that lead into Ostrich Bay. In addition to ammunition-related activities, the site also contained incinerators, paint, battery and machine shops, and a boiler plant. The munitions buildings were demolished between 1973 and 1975, when the housing complexes were built.
The Washington State Department of Ecology is the lead agency managing this site. For Information on environmental or regulatory concerns on this site, please contact Craig Thompson (360) 407-7234. email@example.com
Third Five Year Review (PDF) (168 pp, 6MB) - January 4, 2011
EPA Concurrence for Jackson Park Third Five Year Review (PDF) (2 pp, 1.3MB) - September 13, 2011
EPA's Non-Concurrence Letter and Final Five Year Review (PDF) (121 pp. 3.9MB) - May 11, 2006
|You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more. |