Midnite Mine Superfund Site
Meetings and Comment Opportunities
- Community members are invited to observe the design project meetings at Spokane Tribe Natural Resources and/or to meet separately before or after these meetings to talk about the project. Contact Randy Connolly at DNR for information about the time, date and location of the project meetings.
Where to Review Documents
You can review copies of technical documents, fact sheets, and other site documents in the administrative record at the following locations. Many documents for this site are also available electronically on our Technical and Legal Documents page.
Note: The Spokane Tribal College and Community Library in Wellpinit have electronic copies of key documents about Midnite Mine (ask for the Midnite Mine dedicated computer). A hard copy of the preliminary design document is also available for in-library use. The library is located at 6232 Old School Road.
The following community groups have been engaged with EPA during the cleanup process.
Technical Assistance Services for Communities (TASC) - EPA's TASC program provides independent educational and technical assistance to help communities better understand and become involved in the cleanup process for hazardous waste sites.
- Project Manager - Karen Keeley (firstname.lastname@example.org), (206) 553-2141
Spokane Tribe contacts
- Superfund Coordinator - Randy Connolly (email@example.com), (509) 626-4425
- Director, Department of Natural Resources - BJ Kieffer (firstname.lastname@example.org), (509) 626-4427
Other government agency contacts
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA): Donna Smith (email@example.com), (509) 258-4561
- Washington Department of Health (WDOH): Bryony Stasney (firstname.lastname@example.org), (360) 329-2132