Regional Brownfields Information
Re-Using Contaminated Land Conference
October 2nd, Seattle, WA
DoubleTree by Hilton
Seattle Airport 18740 International Blvd. Seattle, WA 98188
Re-Using Contaminated Land is a focused one-day educational conference bringing together those involved in returning contaminated properties to productive use, including developers, property owners, clean-up professionals, environmental regulators, and others involved in this process. The content focuses on the special challenges involved in redeveloping contaminated properties, with the goal of helping make transactions happen. Three educational tracks will cover: Development Issues & Tools, Public Sector Strategies, and Cleanup Approaches & Technologies.
Register at: http://nebc.org/view/reuse14-home.aspx
2015 National Brownfields Conference
The 2015 National Brownfields Training Conference will be held in Chicago, IL, September 2 - 4, 2015. The Conference will be held at the Chicago Hilton on Michigan Ave. Additional meeting space and sleeping rooms will be available at the Palmer House Hilton.
Please visit the Conference Website for additional information: www.brownfieldsconference.org
2015 National Brownfields Training Conference Flyer
Technical Assistance to Brownfields Communities (TAB)
The TAB grantees funded through the TAB Program, among other things, serve as an independent resource assisting communities with community involvement, better understanding the health impacts of brownfield sites, science and technology relating to brownfield site assessment, remediation, and site preparation activities, brownfield finance questions, information on integrated approaches to brownfield cleanup and redevelopment, facilitating stakeholder involvement, identifying sources of brownfields assessment and cleanup funding, understanding and complying with state brownfields and voluntary cleanup program requirements, and facilitating redevelopment activities. More information about the TAB grantees providing technical assistance in your area can be found by click on the map below.
TAB Provider: Center for Creative Land Recycling
EPA Regions Served: 2, 4, 9, 10
Areas of Expertise: Custom trainings, a resource center approach to providing assistance, and specialized technical assistance to stakeholders in brownfields redevelopment
Center for Creative Land Recycling (CCLR)
Upcoming Conferences and Trainings
The Next Level
For Assessment, RLF, Cleanup, and Section 128(a) Recipients that are familiar with using ACRES, this training will provide instruction on how to make ACRES work for you and your property scenarios, and the answers to some commonly asked questions. This course is approximately 90 minutes long and scheduled on the following dates:
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 11:00am (PST)
How to Join a Training
There is no need to pre–register for training, however it is recommended that you test your computer to ensure compatibility prior to the training . On the day of training, follow the instructions below (you will need to join BOTH a conference call and a virtual meeting):
- Phone: Dial 1–800–747–5150
- Phone: Enter the conference code 1343126
- Computer: Click the Join Meeting Link next to the training you would like to attend at: http://epa.gov/acres/trainingschedule.htm
- Computer: Enter the meeting password "ACRES"
Past Brownfields Conferences and Workshops
- 18th Annual Alaska Tribal Conference on Environmental Management (PDF) (1 page, 129K, About PDF) - November 6-9, 2012 - Anchorage, AK.
- All Appropriate Inquiry Training for Brownfield Grantees (PDF) (68 pp, 2.6MB) - September 2012
- 2012 Tribal Lands Forum; Tribal Lands and Environment: A National Forum on Solid Waste, Emergency Response, Contaminated Sites, and USTS - Coos Bay - August 20-23
- Inland Northwest Brownfields Conference - June 21-22 - Spokane
- Oregon Brownfields Conference - June 13-14 – Portland
- EPA Region 10 Tribal Leaders' Summit - April 30 - May 4, 2012 - Grande Ronde, Oregon
- Archive of the 2010 Western Brownfields Workshop Presentations