Other Site Information
Early Action Cleanup Areas:
Help us update our Community Involvement Plan
EPA is updating our Community Involvement Plan (PDF) (12 pp, 534K) for the Lower Duwamish Superfund Site and we want to hear from you. We will be interviewing community leaders, residents and others interested in the Duwamish Superfund cleanup in late July and early August. We want to hear how you want to get information about the cleanup and how you would like to be included in the decision-making process as the cleanup progresses.
Schedule an interview: To schedule an in-person or phone interview before August 21, 2015, please contact Julie Congdon (firstname.lastname@example.org), Community Involvement Coordinator, 206-553-2752. To provide a written response via email, please email Julie for the interview questions.
- Para dar información por escrito sobre el proceso de participación de la comunidad para limpiar el río Duwamish, por favor envíe un correo electrónico a Julie para las preguntas.
- Để đưa ra ý kiến của mình về quá trình dọn dẹp Sông Duwamish bằng email, xin vui lòng gửi email tới Julie để nhận được câu hỏi trong phỏng vấn.
If your community would like the interview conducted in another language than those noted, please let Julie know so accommodations can be made.
Drop-in interviews: EPA representatives will also be available for drop-in interviews (dates/locations to be announced soon).
We appreciate your help in improving the cleanup process for the Lower Duwamish River!
The following fact sheets contain site-wide information about the Lower Duwamish Waterway Superfund cleanup. Fact sheets about specific "early action" cleanup areas for Lower Duwamish can be found at: Slip 4; Terminal 117; Boeing Plant 2; Jorgensen Forge.
- Fact Sheet on the Final Cleanup Plan (PDF) (2 pp, 690K) - December 2014
- Long Fact Sheet on the Final Cleanup Plan (PDF) (8 pp, 1.7MB)
- Lower Duwamish Waterway Fishers Study (PDF) (2 pp, 616K) - June 2014
This fact sheet is also available in Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Korean, and simplified Chinese. If you would like a copy, please contact Julie Congdon (email@example.com) at 206-553-2752.
- Lower Duwamish Waterway Proposed Plan Summary (PDF) (10 pp, 931K) - April 2013
- Environmental Justice Analysis Summary (PDF) (4 pp, 635K) - April 2013
- Dọn Dẹp Địa Ðiểm Lưu Trữ Chất Độc Hại Vùng Đường Thủy Hạ Lưu Sông Duwamish (PDF) (4 pp, 1.4M) - April 2013
- Planes importantes disponibles para su revisión y commentario (PDF) (4 pp, 1.6MB) - Abril 2013
- Proposed Plan Comment Period (PDF) (4 pp, 1.2MB) - February 28 - June 13, 2013
- Summary of Comments on the Draft Final Feasibility Study (PDF) (4 pp, 624K) - March 2011
- Why Cleanup The Duwamish? (PDF) (2pp. 291K) - December 2010
- Planning for Cleanup: How you can get involved in the decision process (PDF) (8pp. 875K) - October 2010 (rev11-2-2010)
- Remedial Investigation Completed: Answers to your Questions (PDF) (6 pp, 122K) - June 2008
- Summary of Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessments (PDF) (6 pp, 211K) - November 2007
Community Involvement Plan
Washington Department of Health Information
To read older fact sheets, visit one of our Lower Duwamish Document Repositories or contact Julie Congdon (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 206-553-2752.
Where to Review Documents
You can review copies of technical documents, fact sheets, and other documents related to the site at the following locations. Many documents for this site are also available in electronic PDF format on our Technical Documents page.
Community Advisory Group
Community Advisory Group (CAG) - A Superfund Community Advisory Group is made up of members of the community and serves as the focal point for the exchange of information between the community and EPA, state regulatory agencies, and other federal agencies involved in cleanup.
The Duwamish River Cleanup Coalition is EPA's designated community advisory group for the Lower Duwamish Superfund site. Contact 206-954-0218 for more information.
Contact Us | Contacto en Español
- Julie Congdon (email@example.com), Community Involvement Coordinator, 206-553-2752
- Cassandra Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org), Washington Department of Ecology, Community Involvement Coordinator, 425-649-7052
- Elly Hale (email@example.com), Remedial Project Manager, 206-553-1215
- Becky Chu (firstname.lastname@example.org), Controlling Pollution (Source Control) Project Manager, 206-553-1774
- Andy Smith (ANSM461@ecy.wa.gov), Washington Department of Ecology Project Manager, 425-649-7138
- Dan Cargill (email@example.com), Washington Department of Ecology Source Control Project Manager, 425-649-7023
En Español: Si desea hablar con alguien que habla español, llame a Michael Ortiz (firstname.lastname@example.org), 206-553-6234.
Request copies of EPA records: Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Region 10 Public Liaison: The Regional Public Liaison is a facilitator between citizens and EPA staff who can help solve problems and communication issues regarding cleanup sites. Contact Suzanne Powers (email@example.com) at 1-800-892-7609 or 360-753-9475.
Environmental Justice - EPA's goal is to provide an environment where all people enjoy the same degree of protection from environmental and health hazards and equal access to the decision-making process to maintain a healthy environment in which to live, learn, and work. Contact our Region 10 Environmental Justice staff for more information and resources.