|Five-Year Review (2012)|
In May 2012, we completed the first required Five-Year Review of the cleanup. We evaluated the site cleanup to make sure that the cleanup is working properly and continues to protect human health and the environment.
In 2008, we completed the final cleanup of this site: excavated contaminated soils from five acres of the site; cleaned and restored adjacent roadside ditches and ditches flowing to the South Yamhill River; replaced an existing asphalt cap in the wood-treating area with a new low permeability asphalt cap; disposed stockpiled soil storage cells off-site; and upgraded the storm water conveyance systems. In 2009-2010, we completed long-term operation and maintenance plan and a groundwater monitoring plan. In 2011 we implemented institutional controls to restrict groundwater use and non-industrial land use at the site and began annual groundwater monitoring and sampling. The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality is now overseeing the long-term groundwater monitoring and sampling at this site.
Taylor Lumber and Treating operated a wood-treating plant at 22125 SW Rock Creek Road in Sheridan, Oregon. For over thirty years, toxic and cancer-causing chemicals, such as creosote and pentachlorophenol (PCP), were used to preserve wood. Many wood-treating chemical spills contaminated soil and groundwater at the site. The property is now owned and operated by McFarland Cascade who manufactures treated wood utility poles and railway ties.
- Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report - May 2015 (PDF) (25 pp, 1.6MB)
- Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report - May 2014 (PDF) (456 pp, 13MB)
- Oregon DEQ long-term groundwater monitoring and other site information
- Five-Year Review Report (PDF) (156 pp, 11MB) - May 2012
- Final Storm Water Treatment System Operation and Maintenance Plan: Pacific Wood Preserving of Oregon (PDF) (114 pp, 6.3MB) For Appendices F-N, please contact Karen Keeley via email (email@example.com) or at (206) 553-2141.
- Revised Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report - 2011 (PDF) (147 pp, 7MB)
- Long-term Groundwater Monitoring Reporting Plan (PDF) (47 pp, 1.3MB) - March 2010
- Operation and Maintenance Plan (PDF) (496 pp, 16MB) - October 2009
- Final Construction Report (PDF) (97 pp, 3.6MB) - March 2009
- Final Design and Design Basis Report (PDF) (182 pp, 8MB) - December 2006
Record of Decision - September 30, 2005
|You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more. |