The Boomsnub/Airco Superfund Site includes a former chrome-plating facility and the currently operating BOC Gases plant located at 7608 NE 47th Street in Vancouver, WA. Hexvalent chromium and volatile organic compounds mingled in a contamination plume in the groundwater. EPA added the site to its National Priorities List in 1995 and issued a Record of Decision for soil and groundwater cleanup in 2000.
Note: Recommendations made in these reports are under review by EPA
Most of the pollution has been removed since the cleanup started in the mid-1990’s and human exposure is under control. EPA will continue to pump and treat the groundwater for many years until it meets drinking water standards.
- Third Five Year Review (PDF) (141 pp, 16MB) - September 2013
- Results of Quarterl Monitoring Well Sampling - Summer 2012 (PDF) (38 pp, 1.3MB) - September 2012
- Northern Plume Investigation Report (PDF) (348 pp, 2.3MB) - December 2011
- Progress Report, October 2010 - March 2011 (PDF) (135 pp, 3.7MB) - May 2011
- 2010 Annual Status Report (PDF) (352 pp, 10MB) - April 2011
- 2009 Annual Status Report (PDF) (339 pp. 10MB) - April 2010
- Progress Report October 2009 to March 2010 (PDF) (138 pp, 15MB) – May 2010
- Fall 2009 Groundwater Sampling Report (PDF) (400 pp, 51MB) – February 2010
- Air Sampling Data Fall 2009 (PDF) (6 pp, 170K)
- Progress Report, October 2008 — March 2009 (PDF) (280 pp, 4.3MB) - May 2009
- 2008 Annual Status Report (PDF) (357 pp, 7.3MB) - April 2009 Note: Download times may be more than ten minutes on a 56K connection.
- Second Five Year Review (PDF) (140 pp, 4.5MB) - September 24, 2008
- AMW - 18 Investigation Report (PDF) - August 2008 (91 pp, 6.5MB)
- Explanation of Significant Differences (ESD) (includes Figures and Public Notice (PDF) - August 2006 (16 pp, 472K)
- Five Year Review (PDF) (81 pp, 1.8MB) - September 2003
- Boomsnub/BOC Gases Site, Vancouver, WA - Groundwater Data, 1987 to 1998 (Last updated 3/18/99)
- Record of Decision (ROD)
- Proposed Plan (PDF) (20 pp, 190K) - August 1999
Claire Hong, Project Manager
- Site Summary
- Site List - CERCLIS data via EnviroFacts includes General Site, Alias, Operable Unit, Action, Financial, and Enforcement information.
- Facility Information - FII data via EnviroFacts includes other possible EPA involvement.
- Soils & Groundwater, Remedial Administrative Record (PDF) (72 pp, 258K)
- Explanation of Significant Differences Index (PDF) (4 pp, 22K)
- Boomsnub 2001 Removal
- Site Photographs, Interview Summaries and Figures (PDF) (22 pp, 596K) - September 2003
Judy Smith, Community Outreach