Collision Repair Campaign - Technical Schools
Collision Repair Campaign
“Help your students hit the ground running”
Compliance Assistance Materials
What are the Benefits for Training Workers?
What are the Training Requirements for New Workers?
All personnel, including contractors, who spray apply coatings must be certified as completing training in:
- Improve the marketability of your students
- Obtain higher recruitment rates
- Increase funding
- Save money on paints and other supplies
What are the Training Deadlines for New/Existing Shops?
- Spray gun equipment selection, set up, and operation
- Best spray technique for different types of coatings to improve transfer efficiency and minimize overspray
- Routine booth and filter maintenance, filter selection and installation
- Compliance with requirements of the NESHAP
What are the Available Training Resources?
Need help getting started? Contact the Collision Repair Campaign (R10AutoBodyCampaign@epa.gov)
- Employees at new sources have 180 days after hire to complete training
- Employees at existing sources must complete by the compliance date (January 10, 2011)
- Refresher training, at least once every five years following initial training date is required